Archive for the ‘Uncategorized’ Category
With all the excitement this week about equal rights for all, particularly marriage equality for everyone, I thought how perfect I should receive these images back from the lab around the same time. Although it honestly all feels so strange to me – the fact that we even need to be fighting for something so common sense as human rights seems so primitive dontcha think? I kind of dream that one day we’ll all just be able to love whoever we want to love without any labels, without any judgement.. doesn’t that sound pretty dang awesome to you? I know it does to me
So while I typically try to not share any of my political, religious or social beliefs, this is one of those things that I am PROUD to shout from the mountain tops that I don’t give a flying you-know-what about anything except love. There are a gazillion ways to create a family and show your love to those around you, and let’s all celebrate the fact that each and every one of them is the right way.
Congrats Amanda & Katrina, baby Gray is absolutely perfect and I am beyond grateful for the opportunity to document this time for you and looking forward to seeing you all again soon XO
(PS, a little thank you to my good friend Naja for letting me borrow the bowl I used in this shoot. Big keeses to you my friend!)
I came across this video on facebook that was shared by St. Mary’s Adoptions’ page. It started off a little cheesy but after watching the whole thing, I loved it.
And really, this is how I want to make all my clients feel at their sessions with me
oh, and here’s a purty picture from a shoot last fall I’ve been meaning to blog. So behind on my blogging and so much great stuff to share.. I’m also dyyyyyyying to start shooting outdoors again and start working with some of ShadowBox Dream’s furniture pieces at my sessions (Spring where are you?!). They have AMAZING stuff you can rent, and trust me, it’s all beautiful (see exhibit A below: this GORGEOUS couch is one of their available rental pieces).
Vasili and I are HUGE breakfast people. Truly if we could eat any meal of the day for the rest of our lives, it would definitely be breakfast. Also food is one of the few things that we let ourselves splurge on and enjoy together as we both are total foodies.
So the other week when we went to Prasino (one of our favorite brunch spots off of Division in Wicker Park), we discovered a new favorite dish of ours and I thought I’d share..
ladies and gentlemen – the florentine crepes. A delicious and perfect medley of scrambled eggs, spinach, onions, tomatoes, feta and hollandaise sauce.
I’m not sure what other spices and flavors are incorporated, but there is something in it that totally perplexes us every time.. it is so SO good.
I’d also like to share a few tidbits on why we love Prasino and when we enjoy it most -
* The food is consistently good. every.time. And for every meal – breakfast, lunch and dinner. It isn’t greasy or heavy, and in fact they use only hormone/antibiotic-free meats, sustainable seafood and organic produce for their meals. They also have a great menu organized so you can easily know what dishes are gluten free or vegan.
* The ambiance is so beautiful and a real treat on a winter day for those that suffer from the ‘winter blues’ like myself. We often go here on a Monday through Thursday between 10am-1pm for brunch, and at that time of day not only is incredibly bright and beautiful (the natural light just pours through their floor to ceiling windows!), but also we never have to wait for a table.
* Aside from the florentine crepes, I highly recommend the chicken chilaquiles or the paris benedict if you’re in the mood for something a little different.
* Three words – TEQUILA BLOODY MARY.
* When you sit down and they bring you a bottle of water for your table, you can ask for the sparkling water instead (we also ask for lemon with this). Vasili and I are addicted to our soda stream at home so this is one of the highlights for myself (hey, it’s the little things!)