Oh gosh where do I even begin with this couple and their wedding… well for one, by far probably our favorite wedding of the year and hands down if we were giving out ‘Best Of..’ awards they’d surely win for Best Reception. EVER. When I first met this couple I vividly remember sitting at the Starbucks on Roosevelt and State Street almost two years ago with sweaty palms lol Nervous what they would be like…. would they like our work… more importantly, would they like me? When they showed up we talked for a little bit about us and them, and the details of their wedding. They told me how they were considering calling up the Tribune and hiring one of their photojournalists to make the point that in terms of photography they just wanted a real and honest story telling of their wedding day. I’m so glad that they decided to work with Vasili and I because I truly can’t imagine our lives without knowing them. Whether it’s photographing a wedding, a birth or a family, I don’t think people understand how much of a deep connection us photographers build with clients as we literally get to know them, their friends & family inside and out through their life’s biggest moments. After working with Angi & Jason, I can honestly say that both they and their loved ones are not only incredibly good people but also now very dear friends of ours and we love any chance we get to see them beyond our professional relationship.
A few things that stuck out for me from their wedding -
* Their daughter seriously is the sweetest little person I’ve ever met. In the morning while everyone was getting ready, she kept showing off her stuffed dog Spots who loooves to model At one point she came up to me and tugged on my shirt, leaned in and whispered to me “Um, you’re a really nice lady.” Yep, officially Ana you’ve won over my heart.
* Unlike any other wedding this year, I can remember a lot of the music that played throughout each moment of the reception. I’ve included a few below, nothing like a good song to really bring you back to a memory.
* The bride sent over a present (a watch, see the first photo below) to the groom, delivered by Ana of course. Vasili is really into watches and couldn’t stop gabbing about how cool the gifted time piece was (hint much? ha)
* The wind that day was unreal. Don’t believe me? Take a look (below) at how big the waves were in Lake Michigan compared to the cars on Lake Shore Drive.
* Not really sure what else to say about the entire bridal party other than they were pretty amazing. Any group that is fun, friendly, respectful and encourages us to have a few drinks and get on the dance floor with them is pretty awesome in my book.
Anyway, here are but a few of our favorites from their big day. Thank you sooo much Angi, Jason & Ana for not only letting us be a part of your big day but for being such good friends. We can’t wait to come back for your next session with us (also a BIG thank you to my good friend Julia for helping us out with photographing this wedding. We love you and always appreciate your friendship!)
Bridal Beauty Chicago took care of the bridal party’s hair and make-up. I know what you’re thinking and yes I totally agree! ‘They are amazeballs and I have to have them make me look that gorgeous too!!’
Butterflies were with everyone throughout the entire day and night
The candle lit ceremony was so romantic and SO Angi & Jason. The rose petal details down the aisle were also the perfect touch to add to the simple elegance that the bride and groom wanted (designed by 3C Event Design)
I love this picture because I don’t think Angi’s smile could have been any bigger
Just like the ceremony, I think the reception was so Angi & Jason – the perfect evening soirée in the city. Between the rose petal details, the beautiful crimson red accents throughout the room, the gorgeous printed details for the table center pieces and place settings (of which were designed by my favorite Debi Lilly from A Perfect Event) and the insanely good view atop the W hotel’s Altitude Lounge… it was simply to die for.
We really wanted to create a film-like effect to their images while telling the story of their wedding to reflect what we know about the bride and groom’s style – classic and never outdated (Vasili’s shot below of Angi & Jason during their first dance is my favorite image either of us have ever taken at a wedding!)
I have no idea why but I particularly remember this song playing while I shot the image below. I’m tellin’ ya, it was the party of the year for us.
haha his image (above) cracks me up every time! Nothin’ like a sad clown to put a smile on your face.
Did I not tell you the view out the W hotel Lakeshore’s Altitude Room is insanely amazing?
Oohh and I almost forgot.. at the very end of the wedding before we left, we impulsively decided to hop into Angi & Jason’s photobooth and add a little something to their guest book