Vasili and I are HUGE breakfast people. Truly if we could eat any meal of the day for the rest of our lives, it would definitely be breakfast. Also food is one of the few things that we let ourselves splurge on and enjoy together as we both are total foodies.
So the other week when we went to Prasino (one of our favorite brunch spots off of Division in Wicker Park), we discovered a new favorite dish of ours and I thought I’d share..
ladies and gentlemen – the florentine crepes. A delicious and perfect medley of scrambled eggs, spinach, onions, tomatoes, feta and hollandaise sauce.
I’m not sure what other spices and flavors are incorporated, but there is something in it that totally perplexes us every time.. it is so SO good.
I’d also like to share a few tidbits on why we love Prasino and when we enjoy it most -
* The food is consistently good. every.time. And for every meal – breakfast, lunch and dinner. It isn’t greasy or heavy, and in fact they use only hormone/antibiotic-free meats, sustainable seafood and organic produce for their meals. They also have a great menu organized so you can easily know what dishes are gluten free or vegan.
* The ambiance is so beautiful and a real treat on a winter day for those that suffer from the ‘winter blues’ like myself. We often go here on a Monday through Thursday between 10am-1pm for brunch, and at that time of day not only is incredibly bright and beautiful (the natural light just pours through their floor to ceiling windows!), but also we never have to wait for a table.
* Aside from the florentine crepes, I highly recommend the chicken chilaquiles or the paris benedict if you’re in the mood for something a little different.
* Three words – TEQUILA BLOODY MARY.
* When you sit down and they bring you a bottle of water for your table, you can ask for the sparkling water instead (we also ask for lemon with this). Vasili and I are addicted to our soda stream at home so this is one of the highlights for myself (hey, it’s the little things!)