I don’t know about you, but I’d kill for this kind of unadulterated confidence.
Oh, and some things I’m trying this next month -
* Reading more books. I just finished reading Warm Bodies and Kiss the Girls – both were excellent and I finished each in under 2 days to my own pleasant surprise. Now I’m undecided between the controversial The Painted Bird, at the recommendation of a friend, or a self-improvement book called The Way of the Happy Woman. On another note, I have always longed to start a book club.. interested? Shoot me an email to my personal addy, email@example.com or comment below with yours.
* Gluten free eating. Or rather, as much as my self-discipline will allow me to do this.. I am a slave to pasta and late-night cereal so I’m not sure how it will go. But I figure since I’m already on my way there from being sick with the stomach flu why not keep it up?
* Speaking of the stomach flu, I think this is the perfect time to start anew and cleanse since I basically didn’t eat anything but chicken broth and coconut water for the last 5 days. I found a seemingly good one on Groupon today from Peeled and considering getting it as a much cheaper alternative to the BluePrint cleanse. Anyone ever try it or one like it? (note, after that I’ll start my attempt at living gluten-free)
* Networking. I am so bad at this. I tend to prefer hiding out at home than going out to social events and am really bad at making new connections with those in my professional community. So I’m attempting to put my self-sabotage aside and put myself out there a little more.. and actually really looking forward to meeting up with Kristine from Kristine Aletha Weddings this week! (she shares my same problem so I think this will make for some great bonding )
* Being more positive. I’m actually not super negative, but I do struggle with anxiety and self-doubt and I think a little dose of some more positivity can be good for that kind of thing. Once my friend’s therapist told her to start journaling and at the very minimum write down 5 positive things about each day at the end of said day. Here, I’ll start it now: (1) It’s sunny outside (2) I can eat, hooray! (3) I’m alive (4) I had a nice breakfast with Vasili this morning (see also #2), and (5) I finally figured out how to get our new and much faster wireless router working.